Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2016 Rice Business Plan Competition. Volunteers are a key to the success of our event. Utilize this unique opportunity to closely interact with venture capitalists and entrepreneurs, enhance your professional development and represent your
For questions or to be notified when the volunteer sign up sheet goes live, please contact Noy Shemer at email@example.com or 713.348.3164
IN MARCH, WE WILL OPEN THE
SIGN UP SHEET FOR ALL VOLUNTEER SHIFTS .
ONCE WE HAVE ALL STUDENTS'
AVAILABILITY, YOUR FINAL SHIFT(S) SCHEDULE WILL BE CONFIRMED.
BASED ON YOUR REQUEST, YOU
MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MORE THAN 1 SHIFT IF YOU DESIRE.
- Answer any questions regarding rules from judges or teams
- Moderate questions directed at competitors
- Explain schedule and format before every event
- Open and close all sessions
- Be familiar with assigned competition teams and schedules
- Assist volunteers who are unable to leave the room
- Distribute and collect scoring sheets from Judges
- Monitor rooms during recesses
- Notify Moderator when Q&A or presentation time has expired
- Signal competitors to indicate remaining time
- Assist Runners when collecting ranking sheets
- Assist with AV equipment as necessary
- Prepare scorecards for Judges
- Ensure confidentially in scoring
- Total scores and determine winners (to be audited independently)
- Enter calculated scores electronically
- Greet guests and direct them to the appropriate rooms
- Answer questions regarding schedule and room locations
- Assist questioning Judges with microphones
- Remind guests of food and drink policy